By Lucy Parkinson, Director of Research, LSN
Boston is known for being the hub of the biotech world. But as software is eating the world, innovators are finding new avenues for digitization of healthcare. Some are tackling inefficiencies and bottlenecks in the healthcare delivery system; others are using big data algorithms to explore biological processes, make new discoveries, or find new signals in population health data.
RESI Boston will feature two panels that explore this collision between software and health. The Healthcare IT session will look at the current landscape in digital health investment. What kind of solutions are investors excited about, and how do they assess startups in this increasingly crowded sector?
Moderated by Michael A. Greeley, General Partner, Flare Capital Partners, the panelists are:
- Aaron Nelson, General Partner, dRx Capital
- Bob Saunders, General Partner, OCA Ventures
- Dr David Kim, CEO, DigiTx Partners LLC
- Drew Volpe, Partner, Procyon Ventures
In Big Data in Healthcare, RESI will take a laser focused look at the new possibilities that data science is creating in biotech and health innovation. Five investors will explore what they’re looking for in a big data opportunity. The participants will be:
- Alex de Winter, Director, GE Ventures
- Allyson Plosko, Manager of Health, Village Capital
- Annie Hazelhurst, Founder, Faridan
- Dylan Morris, Investment Team, Innovation Endeavours
- Linda Pan, Program Director, Strategic Solutions, Watson Health at IBM
If you’d like to catch these panels in person, you can register for RESI now.