Hot AI Mandate: US and Japan-based VC

12 Oct

Based in San Francisco, CA, and has an additional office in Japan, a venture capital firm is investing from a new fund that closed in 2016. The firm generally invests in Series A equity rounds, and typically commits a total of $1-4 million over the course of an investment. The firm invests 70% of its capital in the USA and Israel, with the remaining 30% in Japan. Under certain circumstances, the firm will invest outside those regions. It has invested thus far in some well-known companies.

The firm invests in advanced therapeutics, healthcare IT, novel (sensor based IoT) devices and diagnostics, and second generation tools and technologies in the biotech R&D/laboratory innovation field. The firm is open to any indication area, and has a particular interest in diseases that afflict the elderly including Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. The firm prefers to invest in technologies at an early stage of development.

The firm is interested in working with high quality management teams.

If you are interested in more information about this investor and other investors tracked by LSN, please email

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: